For many Australians, Superannuation is one of the biggest investments, if not the biggest investment, they will ever have.
If you are thinking of setting up your own SMSF (Self-managed Super Fund), or if you already have an established fund, let Mead Partners assist you with all the Compliance and Administration Requirements.
Mead Partners is approved by ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) to provide advice under our Limited Australian Financial Services Licence to ensure that you get the advice that you or your business requires in the current legal environment, and that you never run into trouble with your super.
Our services include:
- Initial setup of the Managed Fund including all legal documentation that is required, and provide ongoing management of the funds documentation.
- Review previously established funds to ensure all documentation is correct and up to date and that the fund has complied with the ever-changing legislation.
- Prepare Annual Accounts, Tax Return, and organise an independent auditor to complete the audit of the fund.
- Review of the Estate Planning requirements to ensure that your super is directed the way you would like without any arguments upon your death.
- Review of Insurance requirements within your superannuation fund.
- Assist in funding requirements for the purchase of assets within your superannuation fund.
Don’t forget to take out separate life insurance cover if you have a self-managed super fund.
What you need to run a Self-Managed Super Fund:
- A large amount of money in the fund to make set-up and yearly running costs worthwhile – usually around $200,000.
- Allowance for ongoing expenses such as professional accounting, tax, audit and legal advice.
- Time to manage the Super fund.
- Financial experience and skills making you more likely to make sound investment decisions.
- Separate life insurance, including income protection and total and permanent disability cover.
If you would like to discuss your options regarding setting up or the ongoing compliance management of your superannuation fund please give us a call to speak to an SMSF Accountant to discuss your needs.